FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the office and campus hours?
Office hours: 7:10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Campus hours: 7:10 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (unless there is a special event)
2. What time is dismissal on Early Release Wednesdays?
Students are dismissed at 1:00 p.m. on Early Release Wednesdays.
3. What is the procedure for visiting campus?
Parents and all visitors must enter the school campus through the front office during the designated hours. Upon entrance, the visitor will be required to sign in and wear a visitor's badge at all times while on campus. Upon their departure, visitors will need to return the badge to the office and sign out.
4. What do I do if I want to meet with a staff member?
If parents are wanting to meet with a teacher, it is highly recommended that they contact the teacher first to make a specific appointment. They must then sign in through the front office and their presence will be announced to the teacher. If parents are unable to call ahead, they must follow the regular visitors' procedures at which time the front office will call the teacher to verify their availability.
5. What is the drop-off and pickup procedure?
Students transported by car must be dropped off and picked up through the parent pickup gate on the southside of the cafeteria.
6. Where does my student enter if he or she is late for school?
Tardy students must enter through the office for a tardy pass.
7. What is considered an excused tardy?
In order for a tardy to be excused, the parent needs to bring in a doctor's note.
8. What do I do if I need to pick up my student before dismissal time?
Parents who need to pick up their students early due to appointments or illness must come through the front office and sign out their student. This needs to be done prior to 2:10 p.m. (12:40 p.m. on early release Wednesday)
9. What documentation do I need to register my child at Maryland School?
Original birth certificate
Current immunization records
Proof of residency (such as copy of lease or utility bill)
Completed enrollment packet, available in the front office or through our Registration Information link